Please download the requirements by clicking here
To fill out the PIKC-MSA statement of completion click here
Centennial Past Illustrious Knight Commander’s Meritorious Service Award
1. Can I earn both the PIKC-MSA and the Centennial PIKC-MSA?
Yes! If you satisfy the requirements set by your Executive Officer he may award you the PIKC-MSA. If you meet the additional requirements for the Centennial Award the Grand Master may grant that award to you as well. Remember, that the requirements for the two awards are slightly different so you will need to submit separate applications.
2. There are special requirements for the Centennial PIKC-MSA. Are there any special rewards?
Those IKC’s who qualify for the Award will receive a unique medal which will only be presented to recipients qualifying during the 100th Anniversary observance. In addition, their names will be printed in the Centennial Yearbook, if submitted by May 1st of 2019, and qualifying IKC’s will be invited to a free, private lunch with the Grand Master during the 2019 Centennial Celebration in Kansas City, Missouri.
3. What is the Centennial Year?
DeMolay International’s Centennial Year begins at the close of the 2018 Annual Meeting, which is on the 23rd of June. The celebration year ends at the close of the 2019 Annual meeting on the 29th of June in that year. The Centennial PIKC-MSA is intended to promote Priory activity and participation during the 100th anniversary of the Order of DeMolay.
4. Who do I need to ask to certify that I have memorized the Illustrious Knight Commander’s ritual?
Any Advisor may provide this certification.
5. What will satisfy the requirement that I prepare and distribute a term plan to the entire Priory?
There are a numerous ways to satisfy this requirement. If you choose to you may print and copy a paper document which can be handed out or mailed to your members. Another option is to create the same document electronically and to then send it to the members as an attachment to an email or to post it to the Priory’s website. You may also use some combination of these methods. If you have other ideas on how to distribute the term plan you may contact the Program Administrator for help.
6. My term as Illustrious Knight Commander begins prior to the 23rd of June 2018. Can I still qualify if I meet all the requirements?
Yes! However, your term must extend into at least some part of the Centennial Year since you must conduct a program or activity commemorating DeMolay’s 100 years on a date during the Centennial Year as set out in term requirement #11.
7. My term begins during the Centennial Year but will not conclude until after the 29th of June in 2019. As such, may I still receive the Award if I meet all of the requirements?
Yes! If you complete all of the requirements you will be awarded the Centennial PIKC-MSA when you become a Past Illustrious Knight Commander, whenever that occurs. However, remember that you must complete the anniversary event in term requirement #11 before the 29th of June 2019.
8. Can I submit my Declaration of Intent to Qualify by mail or in some other paper form?
No. In order to promote efficiency in administration all forms and reports for the Award must be prepared and filed online. All of the needed forms and information are contained on the DeMolay International website.
9. In order to meet term requirement #6, does the investiture have to be conferred by my Priory members only?
No. The requirement is that the IKC ensures that the investiture is conferred. It does not have to be presented by any special team. Your Priory may choose to confer or you may unite with other Priories to have a joint investiture.
10. How is the required number of initiates (my quota of new members) calculated?
If your term is four months long you must initiate at least four new members. If your term lasts for six months you must bring in at least six new members. The quota is simply the same as the number of months in your IKC term.
11. Must all the initiates join during the Centennial Year?
No. Your new member quota is satisfied so long as the initiates join during your term.
12. If my Priory initiates a total of 12 new members during the year will that satisfy my requirements even if I initiate fewer than my quota?
No. You MUST initiate your quota while you are Illustrious Knight Commander.
13. What types of activities will satisfy requirement #11 – that I conduct an activity to celebrate DeMolay’s 100th Anniversary?
There is no specific list of activities which will qualify. Below are some examples:
• An IKC may satisfy this requirement by presenting a program in his Priory tracing the history of the Order of DeMolay from 1919.
• Hosting a celebration honoring the Charter members of your Priory.
• Plan and Serve a dinner to recognize your Priory’s Senior Knight
• Writing a history of your Priory and posting it on the Priory’s website.
These are only suggestions. Be creative and design a celebration event which will appeal to your members. If you have questions about whether your plan will qualify you should contact the Program Administrator.
14. May I have my Priory collaborate with other Priories to put on the activities set out in term requirements?
Yes! These requirements are met so long as you take some active part in planning, promotion and production of the event and lead your Priory in participation.
15. If I complete all requirements when can I receive the Award?
You may choose to have the award presented as soon as you become a Past Illustrious Knight Commander. However, if you wish to attend DeMolay’s Centennial celebration in June of 2019 the Grand Master will personally present you with the Centennial PIKC-MSA. All who qualify for the Award will be recognized at the 100th Anniversary.
16. Who should I contact if I have other questions?
Past Grand Master, Dad Derek Sprague is the Program Administrator for the Centennial PIKC-MSA. He can be contacted by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.